Novella: Room 214 1

(From my author note) Story time guys. I work in a hospital as a security officer. It's harder than people think it is, and one of our jobs is maintaining the morgue. Talk about a hard one and no one warns you about it during the interview process. Anyway, my lieutenant (at the time) took me up to our closed north wing on the second floor because I'd never been in there before. It looks like something from the 60s and there are locks on all the doors. Just out of curiosity, I opened the door to room 214 and looked inside and was hit by one of the most negative waves of energy I think I've ever felt in my life. I backed out quick and relocked the door. Then it was my turn to take a new officer onto the floor and the whole place felt negative, like something wanted us out of there. (end note)

That officer I took up had some paranormal experiences up in New York and was a believer. He told me a story about a patrol up on the second floor one night shift. After using the restroom he locked the door behind him and started back off the unit. He estimated he was about four rooms away when he heard a lock click behind him, followed by a door creaking open. This officer is about six foot two and probably 350 pounds as an estimate. He told me he paused briefly to debate looking behind him before he said NOPE and left as quickly as he could.

Another comment I overheard was the demolition team working on that unit when it was finally being renovated into a new surgical section. I was responsible for checking the contractors in each day and heard three of them talking about someone up on that floor. As best I remember, because I didn't write it down anywhere, they said "even with the walls down and gone, he's still here". Now, granted, I didn't ask them exactly what they were talking about, but it sounded to me like they ran into whoever was still hanging out on the closed unit.

As best I've been able to tell, room 214 is now surgical suite 2 and only the surgical team is allowed inside, which is perfectly fine with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Tails from the Oddside 2: Point of View

Tales from the Oddside 5: Knife to the Heart