Mage Series

This one is a planned series rather than a published series because I only have one book of the planned three written. So it's a bit harder to talk about as a series because of the one book. But anyway, like the other posts, I'll give you a brief overview to start with and then more detail as time goes on.

There are ranks to the magical community and rules that govern interactions between and within that community. There are mages, elves, vampires, witches, and wizards. There are also elementals that elect to bond with the mages to help with their work. There's a lot of paperwork, bureaucracy, and rules for that work as well, but it means that the more magical and mysterious problems that humanity faces have someone there that is trained to deal with them without offending another magical and getting innocent people killed.

There is a mage council and I worked Merlin into this series as well. As I said, I really do love Merlin. He's slightly more insane in this series than he is in the Consequences series - and that's really saying something. I've also worked in some other well-known names and did my best to create believable interactions between the mages, elves, and vampires. Honestly, I think creating the elementals was my favorite part of writing this first novel for the series. I'm also really fond of the main characters and have started drafting out book two involving the same group, even though I really can expand out in this world.

One thing I did differently is title them in Japanese with the translation as the subtitle. I don't know why I did, and no one has ever asked me about it, but I like the way it rolls off the tongue. Especially for the second book. It's a line from one of my favorite JPop songs by Takahashi Hiroki.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Tails from the Oddside 2: Point of View

Tales from the Oddside 5: Knife to the Heart